Everything was going smooth for them, they were up at 6 AM to finish tidying the house and prepare Thanksgiving Dinner. The Turkey was slow roasting in the oven, the rest of the food was being cooked on the stove top and right on time.
Next up to start cooking a was a new recipe that Melissa found on Pinterest™ for 'Deep Fried Stuffing Balls'.
"They sounded delicious and it was something unique that I thought the whole family would enjoy."
That's when things went horribly wrong...
Melissa prepared the balls while the oil was heating in the pan. Then she started dropping them in, not realizing how high the temperature increased. Immediately oil was splattering everywhere and out of control. The pan burst into flames and Melissa started panicking.
"I knew trying to put it out with water wouldn't work, and I didn't have anything to stop the fire from spreading."